Sunday, February 22, 2009

WA 5: D2

After many years of waiting, I finally had a chance at revenge...

It started eighteen years ago on my 7th birthday. I was having a wonderful time at my birthday party with all my friends. All had gone well, my Mom had even hired a magician AND a clown! But then something terrible happened. You see my best friend, Karla, had a carrot allergy no-one knew about. She was a great friend who I first met in Kindergarten and was the kindest person I ever knew. As the paper plates were laid out, and the pretty, frosted carrot-cake laid out I was very excited. Everyone sang me "Happy Birthday" and before I blew out the seven candles, I wished that I would always be this happy. A few minutes into the cake, Karla had passed out. I was terrified and let out a huge cry of despair. My parents moved everyone out of the room and called the ambulance. Ever since then I have sworn revenge on all cakes.

Back in modern times, I'm now 25 years old and am going to be married to John Smith within a few days. As there are always cakes involved in weddings, I've been looking forward to cutting the horrid thing to pieces. Of course my soon-to-be husband doesn't know of my obsession, how I buy hundreds of cakes just to destroy them. But the massacre will not stop, the wealth of the Doe and Smith families will ensure it continues. All cakes must be destroyed to avenge my friends death.

Today is the wedding day. All is ready for the ceremony that has been planned for almost a month now. The cake was made two days ago and is already in the sanctuary. Probably already aware of its fate, I have made sure it was frosted extensively and covered to prevent escape. The knifes are sharp and ready to carve its flesh into small pieces. And most importantly, the guests have arrived ready to sink their teeth into the cake. The rest of the food is purposely, on my request, to be on the skimpy side. Nothing will stop me now.

I am now married, Mrs. Jane Smith and the reception has started. After about fifteen minutes the food is gone, all except for the cake. I prepare for the killing and announce I'm going to cut the cake. I raise my knife, ready to kill. And then the good part starts. I push the clean, sharp blade into my enemy. I ignore the screams of the low creature. I make quick work of the foul beast, cleaving off its limbs and cutting them into smaller pieces. I delicately place each slice on a plate for the guests. I laugh manically as I finish the deed, much to the surprise of everyone else. But they soon return to their cake, as oblivious to its feelings as me. In my mind, the cake had got its "just desserts" in the end.

No comments: