Tuesday, January 20, 2009

WA4: 1

To President Barack Obama,

We (as Americans) face many problems of our own as well as international issues. I seriously suggest you consider my advice on certain matters (remember you will yet blamed for what goes wrong).

I give you a hypothetical situation. I am the newly elected President of the United States of America, and there are many things I must try to solve, which do I choose? I have promised to help the American people in terms of the economy, healthcare, and other issues. As President I think the best way to help the economy is to lower taxes (without raising others), cut government spending, let large businesses fail, and if more money is needed impose tariffs. By doing this I would be shrinking the size of government, which I know can't do anything well, and encouraging small business. To fix healthcare, I would get rid of all government run healthcare which is ineffective and expensive. I would instead replace Medicade with volunteer pro-bono medical care and support private medical savings accounts. If for some reason the government was in dire need of money I would impose tarrifs to increase revenue, I could also use this method to help reduce our debts.

As far as moral problems, I believe that abortion is the biggest issue. Even though I am very pro-life, I would still let the states decide if they wanted it be legal or not. I'm against the federal government making the decision for the whole country. I suggest you do this as well, as it constutional, and you will probably not be legitimately critized.

Please consider my ideas,

Oskar O.K. Strom

1 comment:

Ms. Wiesner said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.